1 Corinthians 14:1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
Matthew 24 is a great preview to Revelation. Jesus spoke to His disciples about the signs of what is to come before He returns in verses 1-31. It’s my belief that His descriptions given about the last days were a brief outline of the 7 seals of Revelation and what we can expect to see. What’s even more intriguing is how much of what Jesus said is and has been transpiring for some time; all increasing and intensifying as time goes on.
Everything regarding the last days REVOLVES around Israel and Jerusalem. The events Jesus spoke about regarding the last days have vamped up tremendously since Israel became a nation again in 1947/1948.
Matthew 24:34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. The generation Jesus was speaking of was the revived Israel.
Psalm 90:10 reveals what this “generation” is:
The days of our lives are seventy years;
And if by reason of strength they are eighty years,
Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow;
For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
70 years from 1947/48 = 2017/2018
80 years (by reason of military strength) from 1947/1948 = 2027/2028
So how much time is left? No one knows for sure but it is intriguing nonetheless. Let’s get into the signs Jesus warned us of.
1. Deception – in the last days there will be great deception. 4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you.
Today there are so many things going on that many of us don’t know what to believe or not. Lying has become commonplace in the world and even acceptable. Our current administration has been lying to us and the world in it’s intentions, only to show later that they carry out the opposite of what they say.
2. FALSE PROPHETS and many who claim to be God. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. We hear so many false teachers and prophets today saying they know which day Jesus will return. We have also seen in last century many who have risen, declaring themselves indirectly as the all powerful one; Charles Manson, David Kuresh, Adolf Hitler, the various Popes, and recently we have seen the left lift up Obama as a “Messiah’. Ellen Degeneres was even in a picture lately revealing her as Jesus in the last supper.
3. WARS AND RUMORS OF WARS: 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. Israel has been in a constant state of war since the Jews returned to their land with only brief periods of peace. We recently heard about what was going on in Gaza and the rockets that were fired towards Jerusalem. Israeli soldiers were preparing for a land invasion, but peace was sought and the imminent threat of war has subsided. Let’s not forget the world wars that have transpired, and the “rumors” of war that have never come to pass. We have heard here in America about Iran and North Korea aiming nuclear weapons at America, and other places. And for years, the threat of a 3rd world war, a nuclear exchange has been feared.
4. PEOPLE WARRING WITH EACH OTHER: 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. We recently saw the Middle East explode in riots, people rising up against governments there, and in other parts of the world. Many have died at the hands of their fellow man in these riots. Many have died at the hands of governments in these riots. Even right here in America we are seeing great division amongst atheists and Christians, Muslims and Americans, Democrats and Republicans, the poor vs big business, Liberals vs Conservatives, Marxists/Communists vs Capitalists. The list could virtually go on and on.
5. PEOPLE STARVING: And there will be famines, Africa, China, and other places have experienced famines of great magnitude, and some continue to. Even today, the UN is warning of a global food crisis due to a combination of record low grain stocks, extreme weather, and rising food prices.
6. DISEASE, ILLNESS: pestilences,…. At this moment we are in the midst of one of the worst flu seasons we have seen in a while. Also reports of a new stomach bug – a new Norovirus that was originally found in Australia 2 years ago, has many around the world sick for days and even sometimes weeks. We often hear about Swine flu, bird flu, and then throw in Cancer, AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, etc.
7. EARTHQUAKES: and earthquakes in various places. Since Israel became a nation again, we have seen a steady uptick in earthquakes. They have increased in number, and intensity and have been increasing in the past century. On 12/21/2010, seismographs worldwide were off the charts for a few hours during a blood red lunar eclipse that lasted 72 minutes. The entire world was trembling for a brief period, stronger in some places than others. And who can forget the earthquake that hit Japan in March 2011? We have literally gone from sporadic earthquakes in the late 1800’s/early 1900’s, to many now every day all over the world. The US and Alaska have been experiencing them more as well.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
I think we can pretty much determine that we are and have been in the beginning of sorrows for some time. Question is, what comes next? I will get into that in my next blog. Stay tuned!
Be joyous today, the Lord has given us the things to look for to let us know when we can be expecting Him. Keep your heads up, keep watching for Him! Redemption is nigh…Seek the Great Comforter in the Holy Spirit friends.
Peace to you all today and every day.