I’m forever shocked and appalled at the lack of manners, the rudeness, the selfishness, and the self worship that goes on with people today. Rarely these days do we see others who treat their fellow man with decency, love, and respect; especially when it comes to disagreeing about something.
There is so much division in the world today in every avenue of life and I look around and see the anger, the hatred, the violence that is going on because of the lack of love within others. Just this week in one night 4 shootings happened in the city of Milwaukee. We see the video of the 3 boys on the school bus beating up another teenager to a pulp because they wanted to sell drugs at school. The stories are endless.
The problem that I’m seeing in ALL OF THIS – every bit of news, every bit of hatred, is PRIDE. (Ironically, this was Satan’s biggest fail as well and why he was cast out of heaven and his position with God removed.) Everyone somehow seems to think they are better than others, that their voice needs to be heard over everyone else’, that to disagree means the one disagreeing with another is stupid and ignorant, and uneducated. And lets face facts, our potus, his administration, his cronies, certain celebrities and mainstream media are NOT helping! I believe the internet aids in this as well as many will sit courageously behind their computer screens voicing things that when face to face with another, they would in the past only THINK to utter, but not actually verbalize; bold, rude, nasty, hateful things.
WE ARE WITNESSING A FIERCE AND FAST MOVING SOCIETAL BREAKDOWN.
So what of this? Are we in different times than times before? And what does the Bible say about how people are behaving today?
IS TODAY ANY DIFFERENT?
For someone to ask if we are in different times than before, I think EVERYONE can agree on this (at least) here in America; we ARE facing something different within people that has never been seen before to this degree. NEVER before have we been so divided as a nation regarding political, religious, and moral views. Throw “racism” into the mix and this nation is just one huge divided mess.
Never before in history have we had the communication outlets that we do with the web and cell phones, and I think the mentality (our thoughts vs. lack of verbal control) we use on those is spilling over into every day life as many grow bolder, and more disrespectful of their fellow man. Technology is aiding our moral collapse in how we interact with others, how we view others, and how we show respect towards others.
WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT ALL THIS?
If you read my blog The Meaning of Perilous Times you saw how I defined the word “perilous” (per the Bible). In a nutshell, the word would most commonly refers to another word: “FIERCE”.
2 Timothy 3
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
The verses above speak of how people will be IN THE LAST DAYS. NINETEEN negative personal attributes and behaviors/mind sets are listed here. NINETEEN! That’s a pretty detailed description to list 19 things. Lets take a look at them individually:
1. For men will be lovers of themselves: THE TRANSLATION FOR THIS IS “SELFISH”. We see an abundance of this today as I described above. Jesus gave us a new commandment to love God first, then each others AS ourselves, not ourselves ONLY.
2. Covetous: TRANSLATION FOR THIS IS “LOVING MONEY”. Materialism is the excessive desire to acquire and consume material goods…money/wealth in our society has ALWAYS been seen as a means of power and status. Everyone today wants more money, and we see this “materialistic” desire/mentality being monopolized on by our government. Jesus says we should view money as a blessing from Him, and to share it with those in need. Not that a government should do it, but each of us individually.
3. boasters: TRANSLATION FOR THIS IS “AN EMPTY PRETENDER.” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people sharing their personal “accolades” with others. Not to mention, tying in with money, we see people that love to brag about their material possessions. How many reality shows have we had that reveal people’s wealth through their “things”? How many people sit and watch that stuff, and covet what others have?
4. proud: ANOTHER WORD FOR THIS IS NARCISSISTIC. There’s a difference between being proud of your children, and just being flat out arrogant. I’ve said numerous times in my blogs that people’s biggest problem today is pride; a lack of humility. With this pride comes MOST of our current societal issues. Narcissism is also a false inflated idea and boasting of one’s self. “delusions of grandeur” comes to mind.
5. blasphemers: TRANSLATION FOR THIS IS SLANDEROUS/ABUSIVE. I cannot tell you how bold people have become with their mouths over the past 2 decades. It’s just absolutely gotten out of control. Calling names, making accusations, verbally abusive in so many ways.
6. disobedient to parents: Kids laugh at their parents for the most part these days. They have learned through indoctrination that parents are dumb, stupid, ignorant, and don’t need to be respected. If you doubt my words, I dare you to watch a 2 hour block of the Disney Channel or Cartoon Network and see how many times on there parents are made to look dopey, stupid, flighty, etc. Kids are watching this stuff, and learning from it; they are learning that kids are smarter than parents – thus comes the disrespect and disobedience. I also encourage you to watch Dr. Phil where you can truly see some of the worst cases of these children.
7. unthankful: We lack thankfulness in America because we have so much and take it for granted. No matter what happens to us in this nation, we somehow have the notion that the things we need and desire will always be there, thus we aren’t thankful for them. We have a mentality mostly of “you owe me” or “I deserve…”. Our comfort(s) in this nation won’t be here forever, and maybe THEN people will learn to be more thankful. We cannot be until we’ve had to go without.
8. unholy: simply put – this word means “wicked”. Wicked means “Evil or morally wrong, intending to or capable of harming someone or something”. Watch the news, you will see this more than you care to in many every day stories.
9. without natural affection: TRANSLATED AS INHUMAN, UNSOCIABLE, UNLOVING… unloving towards others. Unloving of God. Unloving of animals or anything really. Again, we see this just about everywhere.
10. trucebreakers: TRANSLATED AS UNABLE TO MAKE COVENANTS; UNTRUSTWORTHY AND UNTRUSTING Seeing all the others before this, is it no wonder?
11. false accusers: AGAIN – SLANDEROUS…falsely accusing. Again, something we see and hear everywhere these days.
12. incontinent: MEANS WITHOUT SELF CONTROL…Where do I begin with this one? Drug addiction, Alcoholism, Porn addiction, sex addictions, gambling, etc. are examples of this. Problem today? YOU BET! Anger fits, murder, etc….
13. fierce: NOT TAME, SAVAGE Mean, angry, abusive. Know anyone? I bet you do!
14. despisers of good: Christian street preachers getting ticketed, fined, even arrested…..people being punished for doing something good…..people being abused for trying to help others. Yep, seeing it in numerous places! Atheists tearing down Christianity where ever they can. The world upholding Islam while shunning Christians and Jews.
15. traitors: A BETRAYER, UNTRUSTWORTHY
16. heady: TRANSLATED AS RASH, RECKLESS….Not only are people not concerned about their very own lives, but others’ as well. People react first, think later.
17. high minded: TRANSLATED AS PROUD, CONCEITED….Can we say plastic surgery?
18. lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God : That’s a tough one to see – NOT!
19. having a form of godliness but denying its power. IDOLATRY. SORCERY. FALSE GODS. WORSHIPING SELF. WORSHIPING THE EARTH. ATHEISM. EVOLUTION. etc.
You SHOULD have witnessed at least half of these things in your life somewhere because it’s EVERYWHERE. I would venture to guess people are going to get far worse in the future as this entire demonic mindset progresses.
I have to say this because I feel it. I can’t help but blame our churches for a lot of this mentality that’s in our society. I think our churches here in America have failed in society and have been failing for a long time. Too many bible thumpers, too many false prophets, too many false teachers have been infiltrating our churches for a very long time and I truly feel it’s because of the erroneous teachings of the Bible and the condescension that has been emitted from our churches has caused Christianity in this nation to be divided and just about conquered at this point. I also feel Christians as a whole have become far too complacent, thus our whole name (HIS whole name) is being squashed because we allowed it. Isn’t it time we stood up and fought against those wishing to silence us, those wishing to destroy the doctrine – for HIS sake? Just a side thought.
I guess I will end with this: based on this particular prophecy by itself, I can easily say if we aren’t actually IN the last days, they are literally right around the corner. Hold on to your hats peeps, the ride is getting really bumpy! Seek HIS comfort in these times and the times to come. Strengthen yourself in His Word and promises. Has He ever let you down before?
Peace to you all today and every day. 🙂